dream big...reach for the s t a r s

Monday, June 4, 2012


What can I say about this photo??
 
We were waiting for your sister to get home from school.
You miss her so much during the time you are apart,
it is a wonder why you argue at all...??  hmmmm.
 


 
Anyway, you were trying to read with me and doing an amazing job. 
You never get frustrated and say you can't do it, or that you are tired of trying,
you just keep sounding out the letters until it clicks. 
Then you look at me with wonder on your face, that you did it,
that you can do it, and it spurs you on to keep trying.
 
That look is such a blessing as a mother to witness. 
It is a look of the innocent joy in learning and experiencing something new.
It makes me want to recapture and remember that joy as an adult
before it becomes lost in a cynical, crazy world...
 
So, dream big, my sweet Sam, and reach for the stars!
 
Whew, that felt deep...maybe too deep for 7pm...I must be tired! ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground