Elle's Studio New Challenge!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

There is a new challenge up at Elle's Studio and I got to play along with Megan Klauer!

 The challenge sketch was from a LO by Laura Kurz that is AMAZING.
Is it one of those pages that deserve a frame...and definitely answer the 'less is more' question!
The challenge was to use a large photo and so I tried to take a cue from Laura's page by keeping
everything else very simple.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I used so few layers...
But I love the way it turned out.

It was also perfect timing because I just bought a new printer that is great and I love this photo.I love that 
no one is looking at the camera, but I can see so much of their personalities by their smiles. Sofia is very protective (& bossy) of her little brother and there is nowhere he would rather be than right next to her.
  
Because the photo was large and I wanted it to be the focus, it is the perfect opportunity for simplicity.  
Also, the background is the new (limited) vellum from Elle's Studio that is luscious...
that may not be a word normally associated with paper,but trust me, it is...
it is such a beautiful texture and weight and the colors are gorgeous.


I really didn't think I would be able to use it.  Which is another reason I kept it simple.  
I couldn't bear to hurt this beautiful piece of loveliness by introducing it to my x-acto blade...
So, I just backed it  with some white cardstock and added just a couple tabs and labels in yellow 
to move your eye around the page and add a third color.  

You can see the post on Elle's Studio blog HERE 
as well as my fellow DTeamie Megan's lovely page for the challenge (she uses some vellum too!)
  And of course Laura's inspiration layout. And submitting a project to the challenge will 
give a chance to get some of this vellum or something else from the shop for yourself!

Thanks for stopping in and hope to see some of your projects in the gallery!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also need to amend a previous "review" I did on a video a couple months ago about some adhesive specifically designed for vellum.  It actually works better than I originally thought.  It was easier in this case with a patterned vellum, but the key is to not let the runner build up any adhesive at the end, 
and to lay it down quickly.  Too slow snapped it back and created a little blob of adhesive that will show through.  
So, maybe I didn't use it correctly the first time, or maybe this is just better vellum...? ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jenni! Love the simplicity of your page and it really brings focus to the large photo...which I also LOVE in b&w! Great take on the Elle's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LO! Perfect amount of embellies and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground