Love My Tapes - Washi as a Tool!

Friday, May 17, 2013



 I focused on washi tape as a tool rather than an embellishment for my LMT post this week...

Washi tape is adhesive, but non-stick...not a lot of tapes can do that well!
I used my washi, masking off a piece of watercolor paper to paint ombre effect for a card.


I started by taping my paper down to my board.


I tore a couple pieces of tape and used it to roughly divide the piece of paper into thirds.


I painted a pale blue wash over the top two halves and painted a sand color at the bottom.

  

I tore more pieces off and then tore each of those in half to get a rough edge.
I randomly placed those pieces of tape & kept painting washes on top off each other.
I didn't keep using more washi, I just moved the other tape down,gradually adding more color!

  


I finally pulled off all the tape pieces and the borders too.


I stamped and embossed a piece of vellum with StazOn and gold Zing!, 
added a couple other embellishments and a piece of patterned paper.




Check out all the washi & other tapes available from Love My Tapes HERE!
And check out our Facebook page for other inspiration & ideas from the Design Team!
Thanks for stopping by & Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground