CLICK...The Keeping of Memories - Scrapbook Circle August Kit

Saturday, August 31, 2013

I am still so in love with these chipboard slide frames from Crate Paper's The Pier collection.  
They are part of the Scrapbook Circle August Add-On kit and I could not get enough of them!  
There are several retro-ish patterns and colors of embellishments included in the August kit and 
 thought they would be great for a page about my Dad's camera collection.  


If anyone has seen previous posts of mine I have a few tribute type pages to my Dad and his hobby. 
I like to think that his love for photography and record keeping has helped  inspire my love for scrapbooking.

My Dad had an entire studio filled with his camera collection (obsession) from tiny to large vintage 
standing accordion cameras.  He restored lots of them and usually had several out on a table 
in various states or assembly, or dis-assembly.  


He passed away, quite suddenly just over 9 years ago and my mother and I were charged with trying
to decide what to do with all of them.  We both kept several of our favorites and his favorites.
The others were sold and shipped to people all over the world.  It was a little sad at the time, 
I felt bad for letting go of so many, but at the same time it is nice to think of a collector in Germany 
or Japan as obsessed as he was with one of his cameras!


I immediately thought of hanging negatives and newly developed photos on the line in his dark room 
with clothes pins.  I loved these clear acrylic letters, also from Crate Paper for my title to symbolize 
that part of my memory.  There were lots of cameras that had film still left in them and it was kind 
of exciting to have the film developed and see what he had photographed.  These are a couple of those
photos that he had taken of several of the cameras that were on a table in his studio, being cleaned
or repaired in some way.


The August kit-Let's Go on an Adventure also included lots of wood veneers from Basic Grey 
that are great for layering and misting.  The kit hasn't sold out yet and the Add-On is still 
available too...Totally worth it for those chipboard slide frames alone!  
You can check the kit details out HERE and see the rest of the DT Idea Gallery HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Jenni, this is such a beautiful layout filled with wonderful and amazing memories of your dad. You did such a wonderful job with this kit! And I am sure so many people are still getting joy from your dad's collection! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground