SUMMER goLd { & Start to Finish Video! }

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am LOVING this Art class from Wilna Furstenburg on Two Peas...!


It is pretty much things I have tried before, just not together, and not as a background
for a scrapbooking page or as an integral part...I hate to say it, but her techniques as part of the class
don't encourage you to buy certain products and that is one of the reasons I like it so much.
I love buying new products, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think I am at my most creative 
when I am forced to work with what I have...

Anyway, I used her glittering technique with ModPodge and also used a stencil and modeling paste.
The modeling paste technique I have done before and I love it, but it was great to get her input.
And I didn't know that you could put glitter into ModPodge and mix it up to use as a medium on its own...
That will definitely show up here soon!

Below is my process video or you can go directly to my YouTube link and see it there. 




I had planned to only use black, white & gold for my color palette and really let the photo stand alone.
However, when I started to find paint for the stencil I brought in green...I had planned for it to be a much
more muted green, but am pleased with the outcome.




 If you watch the video, you'll see my major boo-boo with the black paint splatters that frustrated me 
to no end, and made me get a little creative to cover it up...I liked the way it turned out, but it just goes to
show you, there are some parts of the page that should be done before everything is in place..i.e. paint splatters...I don't think I will always remember that, but this was a nice, albeit irritating reminder.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check out the process video!
As always, any comments are welcome and encouraged...positive or negative! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground