KEEP THIS - Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge #7

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This is the latest challenge from Scrap Our Stash...
The challenge is to use this cool sketch from Rochelle Spears and to include chipboard from your stash!


I pulled all the old chipboard alphas I have had (for years) and layered them with other wood veneer
alphas, stickers, etc. all in this middle section of this starburst pattern.  I misted them all a
variation of teal, yellow and green, trying to gradiate the color along with the paper.

This was actually the background piece of card stock I used as my spray mat and I thought it turned out 
perfect as the base for my page!  I used piece of Heidi Swapp paper in the same color
family to make the rays of my starburst and stitched it all down with my sewing machine.
I painted a little watercolor along the edges to blend it together a bit.
 

I started pulling chipboard from everywhere and used chipboard clouds and tab files, anything I could find!
Instead of 3 photos I chose to use the two since I was making a page about the changes in my son.
I used the middle section for a chipboard frame around the journaling instead of the additional photo.


 I had this die cut from an older Amy Tangerine collection, can't even remember which one, 
but I loved it and was afraid I would never find the perfect place for it...
I thought it matched the colors well and made it seem the startbursts and photos were 
coming out of the camera lens!  


This was a challenging sketch for me, but really made me think out of the box.
 I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!  Be sure to go to the Scrap Our Stash Blog
to upload your project to be eligible for the prize and for us all to see your lovely work!
Also be sure to check out the other DT members takes on this sketch...
A new one is posted every day and you have until September 29th @ midnight to upload your page!
You can see the challenge guidelines HERE!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground