NEVER TOO LATE TO mend. DT Choice - Scrapbook Circle January

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hi everyone!  I am sharing one of my DT Choice LO's and one of my
favorite pages using the January Kit-This Life and the Add On kit-Love This.


Like lots of the other DT members, one of my favorite parts included in the
kit are these Journal Cards from Studio Calico’s Printshop collection.
They encompass some of my favorite colors and the graphics are subtle but powerful on their own.


Even though I usually use lots of layers, I couldn’t bear to cover any of these cards up!
So I used them in blocks around my photo.  It reminded me a little of a quilt and
so I used my sewing machine to add stitching.  I didn't even think about the title
of my page and the sewing being a bit of a pun.  But, I do think a quilt is like building
friendships over your lifetime...some change and have more layers, some simple
and straightforward, but they are a work of art and always tell a story.


The square tile wood veneers in the kit were another favorite.
They are exclusive Scrapbook Circle designs...
I love the size of them and they take mist and paint so well.
The title is actually from a favorite song of mine and my dear friend in the photo.
It only seemed fitting to use the cassette tape patterned paper from Crate Paper.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I would NEVER have thought of using them like this...looks totally fabulous...& I must say, I'm rather FOND of a pun...even an unintentional one! LOOOVE that photo, too:):)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground