ONE FOR THE ROAD...Scrap Friends New Color Challenge!

Monday, February 17, 2014

This is my take on the new Scrap Friends Color Challenge.
It is several neutral colors of krafts, browns and white with a nice muted royal blue.

 
In keeping with my original plan, I wanted to use black and white photos with the color challenges
so that the colors complimented the photo while taking center stage.  I tried a couple new techniques 
with the background stencil.


  I wanted to use modeling paste on this 12x12 stencil but wanted it in a circular shape.
I used a piece of printer cardstock and cut a rough circle in it.  I then layered the modeling
paste on, fairly thickly.  After letting it dry, I replaced the clean stencil and used my finger
to paint some watered down gelatos on top of the stencil.  I kept the stencil lined up so that the
paint would  only be on top of the raised paste and not covering it completely.  


I wanted to have lots of texture and rough edges, even though the photo is of my son 
desperately hugging his best buddy.


I loved this color palette because it is such a departure from the pink, mint,
pastel kick I am so drawn to right now!  it is great to shake it up every now and then...


Check out the Scrap Friends Blog for the challenge and all the other DT layouts,
as well as the guest designers. As usual, I am blown away by the talent from not only the
rest of the DT, but all the subscribers who submit pages!  Keep it up you awesome peeps!!


1 comment:

  1. Love this! The photo is a classic...& that colour palette...totally DELISH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground