fly On - Kreative Koncepts June DT Reveal

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Today is the reveal of the June Kreative Koncepts Sketch Challenge and the DT reveal.
This was a hard sketch for me to decide what to do with.


This is the sketch below and you can find the original post at Kreative Koncepts HERE.
 

 
I have been listening to the new Coldplay CD, appropriately named Ghosts.  It is rather haunting
and addictive.  The last song is my favorite and I wrote the lyrics on a piece of white cardstock,
washing it with gesso and some distress paint and watercolors.

 
I also stamps a few stamps and stenciled a layer of embossing paste of tiny stars.
One reason I love the song is that I love birds, especially cardinals!  Clearly. 
My husband bought me this little red glass bird for our anniversary a few weeks ago.
And I photographed it in front of one of my Dad's old cameras.

 
I wanted the lyrics to look like they were peeking out behind this piece of patterned paper.
My Dad died 10 years ago on the 4th and so this is a little homage to him.  Every time I see a
cardinal I think of him watching over us, watching his grandchildren growing up...
 

Sappy, yes, and not my favorite LO by any means.
It was extremely therapeutic, which is one reason I love scrapbooking.
I hope you all will check out the other DT projects using this sketch, they are pretty amazing!
Also, it would be great to participate in the challenge and share your work with us!

Happy June and have a wonderful day!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your writing! Looks great softened with the gesso....great take on the sketch - & that little metal 'love' embellie? Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy...you are always so prompt and sweet!! :)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground