Come On Get Crafty - Everyday Life. Documented.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014


This is the LO I am sharing today on the Come On Get Crafty Blog!

I took a break from my summer memory keeping to document a piece of our everyday routine.
A piece that is a precious moment I wish I could freeze in time, definitely one of my goals in scrapbooking.
I don't keep an up to date scrapbook that documents our everyday life, although,
I think it is a wonderful way to remember the little things that make the bigger picture of our lives.
I do, however, love to scrap moments like this, usually captured with my phone, of something
I know I want to commit to memory in a permanent way.


Unbelievably, my children start school next week as a 5th grader and a 2nd grader.
I know that all too soon, our night time routine will be taken over with other things.

 

I wanted to balance out the darker bottom corners of the photos with the dark stained wood veneer
and wood grain paper and made a pocket for the wood veneer using one of the transparent overlays.
I also punched the top of this journaling card that looks like a library book card.

 

I added some watercolor to this word die cut from Pink Paislee and balanced out the color with a sticker
in the top corner.  I would love to start a Project Life album one day, but until then, I enjoy making
pages like this one.  My children love to look back at these pages, sometimes more than our vacation
or holidays scrapbooks, which is great, since most of this is for them! :)

Check out the store at Come On Get Crafty to take a closer look at the supplies I used!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground