hello summer - Scrapbook Circle One Item Wonder

Friday, August 8, 2014

This is the first of the projects I made using the Scrapbook Circle August kit "Island Paradise."
I also used both Add-ons - "Tiki Torch" and "Bungalow" as well as one of the digi cuts.
My assignment for this project was to use the Basic Grey 'Grand Bazaar' papers together and
show a combination of the patterns together.  I was a little wary of this assignment because
even though I love combining patterns, these are very strong graphics, individually,
much less combined with other patterns.


After deciding this was the photo I wanted to use, I chose these from the Basic Grey patterned papers included in the main August kit.  I loved the contrast of the yellow with the blue skies and chose the Byzantine pattern print to act as bookend borders for the main background.  It was still very bright and almost distracting,
but layering with a piece of vellum toned it down enough to accomplish what I wanted.  It also allowed me to bring in other colors with the Scrapbook Circle printables and kit included tags.


I cut lots of different sized pieces from the digicut files, watercolored some and misted the negatives.
I thought they looked a bit like sunbursts and would help break up all the sharp lines of the patterns in the papers.  After painting the pieces I cut on my Silhouette, I stitched through all of the layers  to match the pattern of the background piece.  


The new exclusive corkboard pieces from Scrapbook Circle are awesome and I loved this large
title piece and texture it brought to a page about the beach!  I added lots of the vellum stickers
from Heidi Swapp and Elle's Studio tags as accents.


Thanks for stopping by today and make sure you check out the August kit and the
other Scrapbook Circle DT pages in the Idea Gallery.

Have an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun summery layout!! Love that yellow patterned paper in the background!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground