Scrapbook Circle - One Item Wonder - Stars*

Friday, October 17, 2014

Happy Friday everyone!
This is the LO I did for my Scrapbook Circle October assignment highlighting
the gold & silver chipboard stars, part of the 'On This Day' kit.


Stars are a great staple embellishments, especially for boys.  Stars are great for girls too, but I think of 
butterflies and hearts for girls and stars as more masculine.  There are also enamel star stickers from Chickaniddy crafts that are part of the 'Right Now' Add-on kit.  I wanted to use these photos of my son with this giant Styrofoam plane, which has 5 lbs. of packing tape covering it (thank you Daddy) since it has crashed so many times!

I randomly cut pieces of patterned paper using just my scissors.  I wanted to make those strips the
background from my photos and have the stars and arrows "orbit" around whole cluster.  
The Pinkfresh Studio wood veneer enamel chevron arrows are great because they pick up a bit
of the shine from the enamel as well as the colors from the rest of the embellishments
    
I constantly have my personal soundtrack, to my life, in my head and so the Coldplay Song
"A Sky Full of Stars" seemed to be a perfect fit.  This little man certainly does light up the path
with his smile, and he has had my heart since the moment I first saw him! :)


Thanks for stopping by to let me share this page and I hope you check out all the designs from
this talented group of ladies at Scrapbook Circle.  Head of to the Idea Gallery on the Blog!

Have an amazing day and great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. The stars are awesome & my favest bit is the journaling on the circle...it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the movement you created here jenni!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground