triple TROUBLE - Scrapbook Circle October Designer's Choice

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hi everyone!  It’s Jenni here to share one of my favorite pages I created using the Scrapbook Circle October Kit – ‘On This Day’ and the ‘Right Now’ Add-On.   There are so many schools of thought about design & color composition, I learned lots of them in college.  We all have heard and/or practice them…use odd numbers to keep elements dynamic, use color or embellishments to lead to your eye around the page and offer balance, yada, yada, yada.  No offense to my art and design teachers, I do agree, but lately have been drawn to use multiple hues of the same color and all in one area.  The October kit is perfect for this kind of design!

As usual, Lisa has done an outstanding job of pulling pieces from different collections that all work so well together.  This amazing painterly paper from Chickaniddy paired perfectly with the Echo Park days of the week paper in a rainbow of colors.  I wanted to use this photo of my daughter and some friends that came over for our Friday Night Movie night, so the days of the week was ideal!  After cutting the two background of papers at a diagonal, I layered my photo onto some of the Fancy Pants ‘True FRIEND’ 6×6 pad, part of the Add-On.


I then chose stickers, chipboard and punched some more from the 6×6 pad to match all the colors.  Again, all the embellishments are from different collections, but such a great match.  I layered the embellishments on top of a similar color in the paper and hid the sharp diagonal line of my two background patterns.  My husband came up with the title for me, very appropriate, although a little scary! ;)


Thanks for stopping by the blog today and letting me ramble about color grouping!  The October kit is a variety of so many patterns and colors that you need to check out Idea Gallery for the range of inspiration from the DT! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really interesting how these ideas are formulated for design.....but rules are meant to be broken, right? And this works perfectly!!! LOOOOVE the idea for your page....& it really looks fab:):)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground