CUZ - Come On Get Crafty & #tbt Video

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Today on the Come On Get Crafty Blog I am sharing my LO for this weeks 'Something Old, Something New' post!
I love this idea and am excited that it has been added to the regular lineup on the blog.  It is great to work with some of my old stash and obviously incorporate the new products burning a hole through my craft desk! ;)


Last time I focused on Crate Paper, this weeks I am using all Dear Lizzy products, several different older collections and combining them with new pieces from the Serendipity line.  One of the best things about using collections from the same manufacturer is that most of the colors are all in line with each other.  Crate Paper has a warmer, vanilla base to all the papers and embellishments, while Dear Lizzy's are mostly white based.  I don't know if I would have truly recognized this observation if not for these projects!


Click below for the video or HERE for the my YouTube channel:

I started this project knowing I wanted to use Dear Lizzy, but chose all the colors and patterns being inspired by the photo, something I don't always do.  I chose this chevron stamp and heat embossed it across my background to create a resist.  I used a fast & easy watercolor method with my Distress Inks (see the video!) and started layering from there.


Other than the color and the giant speech bubble card, I didn't really have a plan.  I decided to use this layered flower I die cut using the new Serendipity metal dies and the Serendipity 6x6 pad.


I love all the patterns in the collection, but the smaller scale suits my style better.  I used lots of the enamel embellishments from the Polka Dot Party collection and the Serendipity Tickers for my title.


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have an amazing day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground