#boys will be boys - Come On Get Crafty

Friday, March 6, 2015

Happy Weekend!!
Today on the Come On Get Crafty Blog, I am sharing a page inspired by the sketch I drew!
This is a new Friday sketch challenge for the DT which I love!


I had these three photos printed out of my son and wanted to come up with a sketch to go with them.
I love scrapping pictures taken in rapid succession like this. Especially for a silly subject such as this one!
The title is a cut file from one of the workshops from Wilna Furstenburg.  I cut it out in two different
sizes and watercolored them to match the background painting I did.


This is the way I sketch ideas in my journal, so this is what I am sharing!  Using the stars,
I was suggesting paint splatters, stars, flowers, hearts, any sort of embellishment really.  I ended
up using both splatters and then added stars too.  I used papers and stickers from Bella Blvd. along
with a couple Silhouette die cut titles that I watercolored, coming up with a palette of blues and aquas.


I thought cutting the chevron paper into smaller strips, like arrows and then reversing them
added to the movement of the "light saber!" :)  I added wood veneer stars from Freckled Fawn
and a wood veneer card from Amy Tangerine under my journaling.


You can see the original Blog Post HERE!  The shop is filling up with lots of new goodies!
Thanks for stopping by today!  Have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground