hello LOVE - Come On Get Crafty | Something Old, Something New

Friday, May 22, 2015

Hello there!
I am excited to share a fun layout I made using wood veneers from older and newer collections.  I used a mix of dark stained Crate Paper wood and Dear Lizzy American Crafts pieces that I washed with a layer of gesso.  I combined those with some new Basic Grey wood veneers that I also painted white.
 
 I was inspired by the woven paper heart my son had made for me and decided to use two papers cut on a diagonal.  I sprinkled the wood veneers in an angle from the top left down to the right bottom corner, layering them over tags I watercolored & stamped.  
I adhered some patterned paper under the center 'LOVE' tag to make a diagonal line in the opposite direction, tying the pinks and reds together. 
I love the colored wooden beads from Pinkfresh Studio and all the various sizes and colors of the wood veneers.  I have so many and don't use them enough, so it was fun to load a page full of them! 
 Thanks for stopping by the Blog today!  I hope this inspires you to get your wood veneer pieces out and create something!  Have an amazing day!





1 comment:

  1. I love that you've used all that pink in the LO...I know the heart is pink that he made.....but it really looks great even on a boy page! And that big ampersand is brill!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground