Counting Today - The Crafter's Workshop Art Journal

Friday, November 13, 2015

Hi there crafty friends!  For my post today, I am sharing an art journal spread to remind myself about the importance of today & being thankful for it!  I really enjoyed this project because I just went for it without too much of a plan.
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 final 1
I used the 5 stencils below, but one of them I used both the 6×6 and 12×12 of the same stencil.
FELEstnclLGB  SBC_cf-tcw579s 0000607215PrintComplicatedHearts
I started with lots of mists on top of the pages I prepped with gesso.
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (27)
I used the music notes stencil around the edges with a yellow ink and white modeling paste with the Sequin Waste Bit stencil.
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (26)
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (29)
I added another layer of paint over the modeling paste to help it blend in and added some of the larger starburst pattern with a silver mist.  After finding my quote and printing it out, I was inspired to use the large numbers stencil using a finger dauber and chalk ink.
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (5)
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (21)
After adhering my quote, I stencil the three hearts with black archival ink.  I used several different black and white paint pens to add some definition and doodles around the spread.
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 (15)
make it count_TCW_Nov 2015 final 1
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  I hope this inspires you to make a fun project too!  Carpe Diem!
You can follow the links below to the stencils I used.
STENCILS Used:

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground