GIRL POWER - Scrapbook Circle December Kit

Monday, December 14, 2015

Today, I am sharing this layout of my two girls using the December “Tell Your Story” kit and the awesome cut file designed with fellow teamie Jamie Leija!
GIRL POWER_SBC_Nov 2015 border
I decided to take the cut file, separate the alphabet and make a block of the word ‘girl’ and ‘power.’  I chose letters from both the open font and closed font and made a background covered with the repeating phrase.  I painted a light blue watercolor wash on white cardstock and then adhered the 12×12 cut page on top.  I saved a few of the cut letters and misted them a pewter grey.  I randomly added a few of those letters to help reinforce the title.
GIRL POWER_SBC_Nov 2015
Our dog’s fur is so black it almost looks blue, so I used some papers and embellishments to bring it out more.  Then, I added as many embellishments as possible!  I played with all the patterns and colors trying to achieve some balance, but really just had fun!  Stitching through some of the layers helped keep the alphas in place and added texture.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and try out the cut file.











1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground