MERRY Christmas Canvas - The Crafter's Workshop

Saturday, December 26, 2015


Happy Boxing Day stencil lovers!
I am sharing a little home decor project I made using a 14×14 canvas for my December post on The Crafter's Workshop Blog.

I started out by painting the canvas with a coat of watered down gesso.

I mixed red acrylic paint with modeling paste and used a wide palette knife to paint a loose circle on the canvas.

While the canvas dried I moved on to inking the pine cones and greenery.
I used a combination of silver ink and gold ink with all sizes of the 6×6 ‘Mini Pine Cones’ stencil.

I also used Versamark ink to heat emboss gold and silver glittered pinecones.  I inked a few of the greenery leaves with Distress Ink.

Then with lots of patience and a couple shows to catch up with, I fussy cut all of the pieces out leaving a small border around the inked images.

 
By now, the modeling paste had dried and I misted the ‘Geo Explosion’ Doodling Template onto the canvas to use as a guide for my wreath.  I cut a scrap of paper to mask the center off to make the width of my “wreath” smaller.
After the mist had dried, I used my hot glue gun to layer the pine cones and greenery onto the canvas.  I curled up the edges and used more hot glue to give it lots of dimension.
Finally, I inked a piece of cardstock using the 12×12 ‘Art Deco Numbers and More’ stencil to say “MERRY.”

I adore the font of this stencil, cutting the cardstock into a flag banner and inking and distressing the edges a bit.

Lastly, I adhered some ribbon onto the back of the banner and glued the entire piece to the bottom of the canvas.
 Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

You can follow the links below to the stencils I used.
STENCILS Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground