make it HAPPEN - The Crafter's Workshop January

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hi there everyone!  Last week on The Crafter's Workshop I shared a fun & different way to use your stencils.  It was definitely a labor of love, but therapeutic and I love the end result!

*The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.*

Using the ‘Wagon Wheel’ stencil and white cardstock , I traced the negative spaces, taping my stencil and paper to my board.  I didn’t trace every part of it, leaving some areas that would just be white space.  I think doing this makes it unique and the graphic more dynamic!
Then using my X-acto blade, I cut out the lines I traced.  I used a metal ruler for the straight lines and just cut the curves free hand.
This technique is a great way to use scraps and 6×6 paper pads.  I chose a variety of patterns and colors,  knowing that my photo would pop on a piece of black patterned paper.
I used a couple of the cut out pieces for a loose template and washi tape on the back side to hold the papers in place.  I left a few of the small spaces blank, since I put another black cardstock behind my pieced background.  The additional cardstock secured all the paper pieces and I stitched some of it with my sewing machine.

I added my photo with dimensional adhesive and clustered a few embellishments and tags around my photo.  Actually, all the embellishments I used were out on my desk, but found a home on this layout!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy your afternoon.  
You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:
STENCIL Used:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like a lot of work! It came out great! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground