One Little Word 2016

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Happy New Year to all of you!  I wanted to share my latest art journal page, documenting my ‘One Little Word’ for 2016 and using 5 different 6×6 stencils from The Crafter's Workshop.


These are the stencils I used below, after starting my background spread with several layers of watered down ink and Distress Ink.

Grey acrylic paint and dark teal circles applied with my fingers made a place for highlighting other stencils.

I used white modeling paste with this Mini Receipt stencil, but since the paint was still a little damp, it blended into more of the background. 
 Next, I added a dark contrasting mist and the 6×6 Repeating Pods.
 I added 2 different shades of light blue/turquoise acrylic around the edges and other areas in between the other stenciled areas. 
 Using similar colors of watercolors crayons, I added more depth to the existing background colors and over patterns in the stencils.
Finally, I added the number ‘1’ and the word ‘ONE’ with white StazOn Opaque ink. 
 I also used another modeling paste in ivory opalescent with some of the small circular stencils on top of the acrylic paint circles.


 Adding journaling phrases, a stamp and lots of white pen and ink doodling finished off my spread.
I wish you all an amazing day and thanks for stopping by the Blog today!
You can follow the links below to the stencils I used:
STENCILS Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground