Citrus, Stitching & Sunshine - The Crafter's Workshop!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Hi there!  I wanted to share a scrapbook page I made using one of the newly released stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, Citrus Montage.  I had plans to use this stencil after I first saw it, but after this lunch date, I knew this would be the perfect way to document the story!


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
I started by using mini Distress Inks directly onto the stencil, overlapping the colors from the pale green to orange.


Then, I misted the stencil with water.


I pressed the paper onto the top of the wet stencil, instead of trying to flip the stencil around muddling the color.  I wanted the reverse of the stencil, so there would be loads of color for the background.


While the background dried, I misted a couple tags, one plain and one that I used as my title, that was already die cut.


Since the background was fairly simple, I wanted to add some definition around the border & used the 6×6 stitched detail stencil.  I used washi tape to isolate the one piece of each stitching piece I planned to use.  This made it easier to avoid over inking the area I was working on.


Using the tiny cross stitch pattern and another t-shaped stitch, I inked the border of the entire background.


Finally, I layered my photo on top of the misted tags and a added a couple more embellishments.



I added my journaling to the bottom of the page and the date to a tag I placed onto the photo itself. To me, this stencil screams for summer and sunshine and bright beautiful lemon-lime colors! 


Thanks for stopping by today!  You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:
STENCILS Used:
TCW614 – Doodled Template – Citrus Montage
TCW603s – Doodling Template – Mini Stitched Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground