smile - Scrapbook Circle July 2016

Thursday, July 14, 2016

I am really excited to sharing something for this week's post at Scrapbook Circle using the 'Today Is the Day' July kit.  Helping coordinate the Blog, GDT's and our summer schedule has left little time for designing.  I wanted to create a simple graphic page with this patterned paper that would make my photo pop! smile_SBC_July 2016 border
 I made a start to finish video of my process…click below or HERE to see it!
I started by cutting this large stacked butterfly design on the Elle’s Studio paper with my Silhouette.  I thought this paper would be an eye catching way to include the die-cut words, as the center to each butterfly.
smile_SBC_July 2016 (7)
I used an inch of the same patterned paper as a border, on the right side of the background.  I chose a few of the Elle’s Studio wood veneers and painted them matching colors using my gelatos.  I am a little crazy about color matching embellishments lately and these vibrant summer colors in the July kit are perfect for my current obsession!



I added most of the embellishments using a hot glue gun and added a few color coordinated stickers and die-cuts.  The ‘smile’ puffy sticker from Fancy Pants served as my title!  
smile_SBC_July 2016 (8)

Thanks for stopping by the Blog today!
Have an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground