loOkiNg uP - The Crafter's Workshop January

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hello there crafty friends!  Hope you are all having a Happy New Year!  Today I wanted to share with you a scrapbook layout I created using for The Crafter's Workshop a couple weeks ago.The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
                                        
With the Fall season past and Winter in full swing, lots of my photos seem to have a theme behind them…looking up!  These are a few of my favorite ones from November.  The colors were so powerful and vibrant, I thought it was perfect for the reality of our recent gloomy days.Using the colors in the photos, and the graphic nature of them, I thought it would be interesting to create a simple organized page with three stripes of color, using watercolors.  I used the Clear Gesso first onto plain white cardstock and let it dry completely.  Then I used liquid watercolor, diluted a bit, to paint on the stripes.  The liquid watercolor is great because it is reliably even, and I wanted consistency.After waiting another few minutes to let the paint dry, I mixed 3 tiny batches of paste in the same colors, using the liquid watercolor to tint the Thick Modeling Paste.  I chose a fairly loose, organic stencil to contrast the more rigid lines of the photos and stripes.Starting at the top of the gessoed area and the top of the stencil, I added the blue modeling paste over the blue watercolor.  I very carefully cleaned off the stencil in between colors, not wanting any transfer.  I am normally too impatient to complete this step, but it really does make a difference.After the blue was mostly dry, I repeated the same steps, using the yellow, then red.  I skipped down the stencil a bit, so it doesn’t read like the complete stencil pattern, just more of a pattern of texture and shapes.After letting all the paste dry, I adhered my photos, embellishments and title.
Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog today!
PRODUCTS Used:
TCW9007 – Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground