Cards of Encouragement - The Crafter's Workshop April 2017

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Hello!  Today I am sharing a couple cards that I made using 2 of the 6×6 stencils and media products from The Crafter's Workshop  They are very different but I used the same premise behind each card.The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.            
This hanging light bulb stencil was great inspiration for a card with a sentiment that can be used in lots of ways.
I started by masking off the light bulbs individually, to keep the colors from blending and because I wanted them to hang separately.  I chose primary colors, although muted.

After all the light bulbs were stenciled, I added a light coral background with Distress Inks.  I added some lines for the cords and definition to each of the bulbs.

I added some gold mist splattered around the card.

After all the inks were dry, I used the Gel Medium in ‘Gloss’ and flat brush to paint a layer on top of each bulb to give the glass a sheen.  It is hard to see in the photos, but is very effective in person.
I layered the stenciled piece onto a white card base and added a gold embossed sentiment and a few sequins.
For the second card, I used the 4 feather 6×6 stencil and more Distress inks in pinks and oranges.  I am loving this peach/coral combination with all the gold!
           
I secured my stencil to the paper and mat underneath with washi tape.  It won’t tear the paper and makes a greater repositionable adhesive.




After layering my ink onto the feathers, I cut them each out leaving a tiny border of white around the edges.
I honestly wasn’t sure how this would turn out, but I wanted the feathers to look like they were dipped in gold…the best way to do that was to actually dip them into the Gold Gesso.
It was very thick and although I brushed the paint off on the back of each feather, I was worried about how it would dry.  And how long would it take to dry?
A few hours, and it dried like a dream…without sticking, without cracks, but pliable enough to curve and bend the feather shape.
I stacked the feathers up and tied the tops with gold thread.  I added another layer of white cardstock in an oval shape to frame the feathers with.
I sentiment stamped in a coral ink and a few gold sequins completed the card.
Thanks for stopping by the Blog today and I hope this inspires you to make a card and send it to someone special!!
PRODUCTS used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground